The legacy goes onWritten by Curtis Morton
Rumours were rife on Nevis that the popular bookstore known as CHAPTER ONE would be closing its door. However, the good news is that even though the Owner/Manager, Mr. Alford Tyrell has gone into formal retirement, the door of the well-established bookstore will remain opened.
This is because his brother, Mr. Morrice Tyrell has decided to keep it ‘all in the family’ and has officially taken over the business. Mr. Tyrell noted that he has taken up the business venture because he is an avid reader, knows the value of books and general reading material, and wants to ensure that such material is available to the public on the island.
However, it will not be business as usual, as due to his christian values as a Seventh- Day Adventist, the younger Tyrell has decided to be more selective in the choice of reading material that he offers for sale. The more ‘racy’ magazines have been tossed out of the window and their spot has been replaced by more educational and meaningful material. Some of the books being offered include but are not limited to:
• Various versions and sizes of the Holy Bible
• The abundant life Bible amplifier series
• Uncle Arthur’s bed time stories
• Giving Satan problems
• The Healing Wonders of Herbs
• The Healing Wonders of Water
• Character building stories
• Steps to Christ
• 250 Recipes
• A series of classics by renowned Author Ellen G White: Patriarchs and Prophets; The Desire of Ages; Great Controversy; Prophets and Kings and The Acts of the Apostles.
Tyrell however noted that students can still acquire their textbooks and other school accessories and individuals can still obtain their weekly newspapers and some magazines.
He is determined to maintain a high standard at the store and indicated that he will always strive to get the best deals and prices for his customers.